What a interesting world we live in...


Joan Crawford "I am too much!"


Ruth Synder's Execution: "It just don't look right." (comment made by a detective upon seeing the picture smuggled out)



Ghadi "A nation is known in how it treats it's animals."








Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly "Cock your hat, angles are what changes your attitude."























Ezra Pound:

A man of genius has a right to any mode of expression.


Dylan:

All I can do is be me, whoever that is.




Babe Paley: "I'd rather shop than eat."



Mary Pickford: "What can I say? It's not easy being America's Sweetheart, but hell it paid the bills!"


F. Scott Fitzgerald " “It takes a genius to whine appealingly.”




The Duchess of Windsor, “Forgive me for not writing but this man is exhausting.”




Dorothy Parker, “She looks like something that would eat its young”




Billy Preston: "I never cared about being famous, I wanted to see God in my head when I played the piano."




"I will not retire while I've still got my legs and my make-up box. " Bette Davis



Aretha Franklin:
“I'm the lady next door when I'm not on stage.”












Ed Sullivan (Ira Gershwin on piano) "Tell me Ira, is your Mother still dead?" (actually he said that to Connie Francis - probably why she had a nervous breakdown later...)



Louise Brooks
“Every actor has a natural animosity toward every other actor, present or absent, living or dead.” (okay I would agree!)



Perry Smith (Hitchcock is in front) the murders of the Clutter family - "If you treat everything like a life and death situation, you'll die many times." - they were hanged in Kansas for their crimes.

Bill Gates (the rest are the first people who worked at Microsoft. "Life is not fair, get used to it."


JackBenny "I'm thinking."



Amhet Ertegun: "No matter what I do, some people are just tone deaf."


William Carlos Williams: “If you can bring nothing to this place but your carcass, keep out.”





William Styron: "A good book is like a narcotic."


“When a woman isn't beautiful, people always say, 'You have lovely eyes, you have lovely hair.'” Anton Chekhov (sitting with Leo Tolstoi)





Jayne Mansfield (Anton Levey in background) "It was the best thing I did.'




Flannery O'Connor: 'When in Rome, do what you do in Miledgeville."

Billy Graham: "I've read the last chapter of the Bible. I'ts going to turn out all right."



MM: "It's all make believe. Isn't???"




Andy Warhol: "I'm a deeply superficial being."






Alfred Hitchcock: "Self plagarism is style."




Mark Twain: "When you first get mad count to four, it it doesn't subside swear."



Tennesse Williams to the traitor Elia Kazan: "You got to know when to leave, even if you have no place to go.

Orson Welles: "You want a happy ending? That depends on where you stop your story."

Bob Fosse: "She not only kept her figure, she added so much to it!"


Sinatra: "You got to love living, cause dying is a pain in the ass."

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Where does it all go?