Like a Moth to a Flame...Marilyn

"Suicide? Oh no...
It's my feeling that Marilyn looked forward to her tomorrows." Marilyn's housekeeper.

















"She had such a magnetism that if 15 men were in a room with her, each man would be convinced he was the one she'd be waiting for after the others left."
--Publicist Roy Craft








I knew that they were going to have to put me in another foster home - my foster mother got sick - so I got married instead.



(The one on the right is rare - Norma Jean with her foster Mother who loved and encouraged her - Marilyn called her 'Miss Ana')










































I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing.


















































It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.
































I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.


a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi7UN94tLDyBZLzHxhHUfydwvVol9PbND07JD1mGkDApCHiVNEZjGSu-4AFDGnOFjGEOb60Ikmr70FIcSe1horeaMCrFGRFKcWeAUpY5vLSVWOmkMSdWnAaThHBceH-s-A0r39K4H0WgdlR/s1600-h/prod_819_37133.jpg">





I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.







I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.






div>



































I could have loved you once
and even said it
But you went away,
When you came back it was too late
And love was a forgotten word.
Remember?
















































Good nite
Sleep
and sweet repose
Where ever you lay your head-
I hope you find your nose-








Don't cry my doll
Don't cry
I hold you and rock you to sleep
Hush hush
I'm pretending now
I'm not your mother who died.











































I left my home of green rough wood,
A blue velvet couch.
I dream till now
A shiny dark bush
Just left of the door.
Down the walk
Clickity clack
As my doll in her carriage
Went over the cracks-
"We'll go far away."





























O, Time
Be Kind
Help this weary being
To forget what is sad to remember
Loose my loneliness,
Ease my mind,
While you eat my flesh.







No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Where does it all go?