Singing the Blues...
Bonnie Riatt said the blues are built with "Juice and Pain". Eric Clapton said that he felt like a 'blueswannabe' and woke up one day and knew that he had made it to becoming a sage 'bluesman'.
At what point does one have to go to the crossroads to sell your soul to understand what the blues is about.
I've been there - to that crossroads. And I came back a lot sadder and a little wiser. No playing the 'anti-heroines' of Tennessee Wilson is not studied, just inately understood.
My son walks around singing "Redemption Song" to his little baby girl. You know, that's not altogether inappropriate for her to hear.
I think of Billy Stayhorn writing "Blood Count' while laying in a hospital bed and watching the IV line come down with someone else's blood that was healthier than his - I've been there recently and I counted that blood as well a felt it start to heal my own wounds.
Posted by courtney
- Singing the Blues...
- The wonderful lives of Little Edie and Big Edie Bo...
- I suppose a lot of us have been waitin...
- Billy Preston, the original Mr. Kite in Sgt. Peppe...
- The redheaded beauty of Pam Courson
- Bizarre Photos of a Redheaded Wing-nut!
- Odd and rare pictures regarding the Sharon Tate ca...
- Great Gatsby! My love affair with Scott Fitzgerald...
- I was sooooo envious - "The Beatle Women"
- Yancy grows up!
- Great Goddess of Hip
- Abiigail's Rabbit
- "The Charmed Life" Sara and Gerald Murphy
- Jay loves Sharon 'to death'
- 1969 - Everything is "Hip"
- Sharon and friends
- Odd the things we remember, strange the things we ...
- ▼ April (20)