Billy Preston, the original Mr. Kite in Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
For the benefit of Mr. Kite
There will be a show tonight on trampoline
The Hendersons will all be there
Late of Pablo-Fanques Fair, what a scene (Have you seen it? It's great, they got stuff.)
Over men and horses hoops and garters
Lastly through a hogshead of real fire!
In this way Mr. K. will challenge the world!
The celebrated Mr. K.
Performs his feat on Saturday at Bishopsgate
The Hendersons will dance and sing
As Mr. Kite flies through the ring don't be late
Messrs. K and H. assure the public
Their production will be second to none
And of course Henry The Horse dances the waltz!
The band begins at ten to six
When Mr. K. performs his tricks without a sound
And Mr. H. will demonstrate
Ten somersets he'll undertake on solid ground
'ving been some days in preparation
A splendid time is guaranteed for all
And tonight Mr. Kite is topping the bill.
(It's me. In the thing.)
I love you so much, BillyPeanuts - I will see you again in heaven. You were the best of friends and the best of men.
Posted by courtney
- Singing the Blues...
- The wonderful lives of Little Edie and Big Edie Bo...
- I suppose a lot of us have been waitin...
- Billy Preston, the original Mr. Kite in Sgt. Peppe...
- The redheaded beauty of Pam Courson
- Bizarre Photos of a Redheaded Wing-nut!
- Odd and rare pictures regarding the Sharon Tate ca...
- Great Gatsby! My love affair with Scott Fitzgerald...
- I was sooooo envious - "The Beatle Women"
- Yancy grows up!
- Great Goddess of Hip
- Abiigail's Rabbit
- "The Charmed Life" Sara and Gerald Murphy
- Jay loves Sharon 'to death'
- 1969 - Everything is "Hip"
- Sharon and friends
- Odd the things we remember, strange the things we ...
- ▼ April (20)